History

History

Hercules Transport’s history began in 1952, when John O’Neal began selling L.P. Gas to residential customers in and around his North Louisiana home of Choudrant, LA. Since that date, O’Nealgas, Inc. has continued to grow and service an even larger portion of the north central Louisiana and south Arkansas L.P. Gas home and industrial market.

In 1973, John O’Neal and R.W. Anderson purchased an underground storage facility at Gibsland, LA from Hercules Petroleum Corporation. This acquisition included some L.P. Gas trailers and allowed the O’Neal family to expand their L.P. Gas wholesale marketing operations. In addition, Hercules Transport, Inc. was organized to identify the activities of the trucking company with a terminal in Choudrant, LA. In the early 1980’s, Tom O’Neal, son of founder John O’Neal, opened a marketing office in Houston, TX. The deregulation of the 1980’s and 1990’s provided opportunities for Hercules Transport, Inc. to expand its transportation services. In 1987, Hercules Transport opened its first South Louisiana truck terminal in Baton Rouge, LA.

For three decades, under the leadership of John and Tom O’Neal, Hercules Transport, Inc. has experienced remarkable growth. With this growth has come the addition of two more terminals, one in Rayne, LA which was opened in the fall of 1996 and another in La Porte, TX which was opened in the summer of 1998.

Today, the Hercules Transport family consists of nearly 100 employees. Hercules Transport hauls not only Liquefied Petroleum Gas, but Anhydrous Ammonia and a host of chemicals.

Share This